Saturday, October 2, 2010

A tale of Three Warblers

The Migration was on big time last night after that Tropical System headed into the neighborhood dropping about 8 inches of Rain on Friday .
Overpeck was alive with Passerines on this clear October morning, although I thought it was going to be dissapointing for Digiscoping considering the Warblers seemed to be on high octane caffeine.,but I did find a few subjects that manged to stay still for a few seconds.

                                                          Magnolia Warbler

                       
                                                     Black Throated Blue Warbler Fall Female
                                     
                                         
                                                                       Palm Warbler
                 
Also I did experiment with my F stop on the S90 on the Palm Warblers, the first capture was at 3.2 with a 1/1000th of a sec.  On the second I wanted to widen my depth of field so, I opened it to about 5.0 which gave me a 1/400th of a sec which brightened the Bird up a bit , I think if I had the F stop at 4.0 that would have been ideal, by the time I had that thought the Palm was done with my session till another time.

1 comment:

Dawn Fine said...

Those warblers are hard to photograph.Great shots!