Sunday, April 10, 2011

More CanonEOS7D

Yesterday I went to the Meadowlands with the 7D and was pondering on replacing the 7D for another model preferably a Nikon ,I felt my shots have not been as sharp as I wanted , but today I figured it was a combo of Mirror Slap vibration and poor focusing, so I decided to use the live view feature with the Hood Loop and it made a difference with the focusing and also the Live view mode is a quiet mode as in no predominate Mirror slap, and giving it was poor light along with High Iso settings ,I felt I had alot more keepers today.




6 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

Nice! I love the Robin photo!!

Steve Byland said...

You may also want to consider micro tuning your lens/camera combo. I found that my new 500mm lens was badly front-focusing. A bit of tweaking brought it into much sharper focus

Kevin said...

Steve,,

I don't see any thing wrong with the focus on this post ,,, with Digiscoping it is all Manual focusing so the Micro tuning is Unnecessary, do you see anything that I dont with these laST SHOTS?

Steve Byland said...

They look fine to me. Problem with manual focusing is that the diopter adjustment has to be perfect as well (not as important when you use live view). The diopter wheel is VERY easy to accidentally turn when you don't mean to.

Kevin said...

Steve Thanks for the info to a fellow 7D USER GREAT STUFF AND BLOG TOO.

Nancy Crosby said...

Enjoying your blog! Please tell us about this grackle? Looks like a cross between our male painted bunting and Boat-tailed grackle. Shellman Bluff Birder