Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cape May Fall Weekend /Sandy Hook

Sorry for the late blogging folks but I have been so busy ,, but I did have I great time at the Cape May Autumn weekend with only 1 bad day of weather .
As far as equipment  I used the new Kowa Telephoto lens/scope about 50% of the time along with Point and Shoot Digiscoping, a Special thanks to Jim Danzenbaker and Ray Goeke for the great company and keeping the weekend interesting.

High points of the weekend was no doubt some great captures I got of the Rufous Hummingbird at the Goshen Audubon center.
This was a Bird I have not seen since the early 80"s late 70"s in Southern California ,,this Rufous was Digiscoped with the Kowa 884/30wide eyepiece / CanonS90.

There was plenty of Yellowrumps around to keep my Warbler Digiscoping juices going .

Also a good # of Blackpolls in the area this was my first Digiscoped capture of one.

Next I had a go with the Kowa 500/5.6 Lens with the NikonD7000 combo on some flight shots and sitting Gulls and Shorebirds. Like these Black Skimmers.
Sanderlings also provided some great captures as you can see the lighting was getting better I got some nice shutter speeds with the 500 5.6.


This Lesser Black Backed Gull was a first for me to Photo a fine adult Bird no mistaking this guy

Golden Crowned Kinglets along Blackpoll Warblers gave me some great views with the Kowa 500/5.6

The Hawk flight was great at the Cape but with the variety of Birds I had option anxiety but I did manage some Sharp Shinned Hawk flight shots with the Kowa Lens



 Now onto Sandy Hook ,,my intentions for the trip was to find a Harris's Sparrow but my time consuming Eastern Bluebird captures I think spoiled that deal O well 1 lifer lost is not to bad I did manage some nice Swamp Sparrow, Eastern Bluebirds and White Throat Sparrows wit the Kowa 884 / 30wide Eyepiece S90 combo..







2 comments:

Chris M said...

Hi Kevin, I also have a
Kowa TSN-883. Do you prefer shooting with the TSN-PZ lens or shooting with a 50mm lens and the TSN-DA10 attachment? Also, will a F1.4 lens deliver a significant improvement over an F1.8 lens?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris M said...

Hi Kevin, I also have a
Kowa TSN-883. Do you prefer shooting with the TSN-PZ lens or shooting with a 50mm lens and the TSN-DA10 attachment? Also, will a F1.4 lens deliver a significant improvement over an F1.8 lens?

Thanks,
Chris