Thursday, March 25, 2010

Variety Day

At last I had some success with other some other species besides the same Sparrows all the time granted they are great for Practice but I need to fill my catalog.
Today I happened to stumble on a Black Crowned Night Heron on my way to the store It was actually in a small stream which I think it might of wintered, but I had to stage in the front of someones front yard for the captures and of course I got weird looks.

 And here is a one of my favorites of him yawning.

And another in RAW format , I am glad the Sun wasn't to strong considering it was late AM.

 And lets not forget the Song and White Crowned Sparrows that were around in abundance.

5 comments:

Stuart Price said...

Wow that Night Heron's tongue is something else........

Dale Forbes said...

that yawn really is great!

Anonymous said...

Ddon't you mean White-throated Sparrows instead of White-crowned Sparrows?

Dawn Fine said...

Awesome shots! I love the singing Song Sparrow!

Jerry Jourdan said...

Agreed! What an expression!