Sunday, January 6, 2013

Barnegat Jetty Variety

Tom Dunkerton and I went to Barnegat inlet to do some Jetty Hopping ,,although the wind was 14 to 20mph and gusting to 30mph out of the west ,we did manage a few captures on this overcast blustery January morning .

Since Tom lives in Florida he was really excited about this outing and I told him we would definitely would find some Harlequin Ducks like this handsome fellow.
On the Jetty there was some invisible Black Ice which I almost lost my footing and had a nasty Spill, but Tom was a bit more adventurist and managed to make it to almost the end of the Jetty for his Lifer Common Eider along with a few captures.


Why Tom was out and about and the far end of the Jetty I did find some comfy Purple Sandpipers picking away at the rocks.

Since the wind was Kicking my Butt I decided to call it a day ,, this was a short outing with only about  2 hours of shooting time ,,and the last species which I managed to get was a Wintering Common Loon.



 

2 comments:

Jerry Jourdan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jerry Jourdan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.